Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and pioneers in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 10,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.6 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
You will be part of the Springer Nature global tax team based in Berlin. Together with the colleagues you will support international transfer pricing topics of Springer Nature Group with a focus on the Macmillan Education segment. You can expect exciting and challenging tasks related to the entire range of transfer pricing topics of a global publishing group.
Your activities include:
- Support group companies abroad in tax matters such as Corporate Income Tax
- Built experience with other tax jurisdictions outside Germany
- Responsibility to maintain income tax compliance for our group companies together with our external tax advisors
- Support group companies with tax reporting in the year-end closing process
- Support in tax projects (e.g. financing, reorganizations, Transfer Pricing)
- Collaboration in global tax planning and group reporting
- Collaborate in the preparation of group tax planning as well as in the development and implementation of measures to optimize the group tax rate
- Monitor tax relevant KPIs of the group such as tax cash, tax expense and tax compliance status
- Cooperation and exchange with the finance department, tax authorities and external advisors worldwide
- Use and implementation of tax technology
- Completed degree in Economics and/or Business Administration
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a tax consulting company or group tax department, covering compliance and reporting
- Very good knowledge in Corporate Income Tax Law (German and/or foreign)
- Affinity with numbers, quick comprehension and strong analytical skills
- Interest in developing innovative and practicable solutions at a high professional level
- High level of commitment and sense of responsibility
- Very good MS Office knowledge
- Fluent in German and English (spoken and written)
- Experience with tax jurisdictions outside Germany (e.g. UK, NL, US)
- Experience in using tools such as accounting-, tax- and reporting tools (e.g. SAP, Hyperion Financial Management or similar)
Working Hours: Full-time 37 hours per week
Company: Springer Nature AG & Co.KGaA
HR Contact Berlin: Barbara Thorwarth
Excited by the prospect of joining Springer Nature? We are looking forward to your online application! To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springernature.com.
Apply for the application through this link.