The Paraguayan Tax Authority has previously introduced electronic invoices and published a timeframe for their implementation. The e-Invoice program is known as SIFEN. For 246 companies, the pilot period began on July 1st, 2022. The obligation’s scope will eventually grow. The timeframe is between January 2, 2023 and October 1, 2024:
- First group of taxpayers: 2 January 2023
- Second group: 3 April 2023
- Fourth group: 3 July 2023
- Fifth group: 2 October 2023
- Sixth group: 2 January 2024
- Seventh group: 1 April 2024
- Eight group: 1 July 2024
- Last group: 1 October 2024
List of companies that have started submitting invoices in electronic form since their group being published by SET.
Invoices must be created in XML format, digitally signed, and stored for at least five years.
Effective date: 2 January 2023