Type: Draft Legislation
Argentina will implement several VAT regime simplifications for online shopping platforms (General Resolution No. 5319/2023). This will simplify it to comply with VAT and withholding tax laws.
The alterations include:
- Raising the threshold for VAT registration to:
- 120 transactions per year; or
- ARS 200,000 per year (approx. USD 1,100);
- New definitions of digital platforms are needed to make it clear who must pay VAT or withhold tax;
- There are now 20 fiscal collecting agents for withholding tax appointed for platforms;
- New compliance guidelines for withholding tax agents, including returns and deadlines;
- Verification of the VAT withholding rates.
Effective date: 2023